Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Giving Time

I have a passion for helping others! Anything from watching my cousins kids so that she can pack for their move to making favors for a cousins upcoming wedding. You name it, I love to help with it!! When I was a little girl I remember thinking to myself, when I grow up, I want to help people!!
Through the years I have tried to teach my children the importance of helping. Helping family, helping friends, helping in our community and beyond. One year my boys wrapped hats and gloves and we gave them to the homeless at Christmas time. The boys really enjoyed that!
This year Anthony, my eldest son, and I both volunteered at the fall festival, and also helped out with Small Steps for the second year together. Anthony, Wes(the second born), and I signed up for the give a day get a day for free Disneyland tickets. We gave our time together at the Downtown Hollister Spring Clean-up. The free tickets were just a bonus. My kids know that when we give we don't expect things in return. Good deeds are great!!
I look forward to many more ways I can help & give time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment